This page has moved to a new address.

Mini Wenesday - Harvest Moon by Hand

Natural Kids: Mini Wenesday - Harvest Moon by Hand

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Mini Wenesday - Harvest Moon by Hand

Etsy
harvestmoonbyhand


Meet  Ann of  Harvest  Moon by Hand  :

I am a stay-at-home mom who homeschools my two daughters (ages 9 and 7). Both of my daughters were born in China, and adopted at 11 months and 10 months respectively.

My approach to homeschooling is rather eclectic - combining Waldorf, Montessori, Charlotte Mason, and unit study approaches. This combination works well with both daughters. Harvest Moon by Hand offers some of the items that I have created for an at-home learning environment.

I have always enjoyed crafting – especially embroidery, needle-felting, needlepoint, crocheting, and cross-stitching. I hope to pass the joy I feel when I craft along to those who purchase my items.

Because both my daughters love to play and use their imagination, I have been making more of their toys and quilts by hand – all from natural materials (primarily wool and cotton). We also enjoy decorating the windows with colorful window stars and creating seasonal nature tables for them.

Knowing they have quality, safe (and lead-free) toys and quilts is important. My hope is that the toys last and can be passed along to their children…thereby becoming family heirlooms.

article by prettydreamer  

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home