This page has moved to a new address.

Spring / Summer Acorn Gnome Tutorial

Natural Kids: Spring / Summer Acorn Gnome Tutorial

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Spring / Summer Acorn Gnome Tutorial

My children and I have been collecting acorns and designing outfits for our little Acorn Gnomes... We re-used materials we had from around our home and the garden...




Materials:
Scissors
Spare felt pieces
Small tack nails
Cork
Acorn
Needle and thread
Hammer


Attach the acorn to the cork with a metal pin / tack.


Cut a piece of felt the height of your cork and wrap it around before you cut it to make sure it fits all the way around.


I have sewed it on with blanket stitch.


Cut another wider piece for your gnomes jacket, also the height of your cork.



Sew along the top of the jacket / cape and then pull your sewing thread tight to gather the felt.




Sew on the cape.


Sew around the cape in blanket stitch.






Cut out little petal shapes from your felt pieces. (I always save my scraps of felt:)


Start sewing them together on the top.




  All sewn together with a green felt stem on the top.


Fold two petals back and sew them securely where the little gnomies face will be.




And there he is!




Enjoy!


Warmly
Linda
Etsy Shop: Mamma4earth 
Blog: Natural Suburbia

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger mrsbeccijo said...

How sweet I love that his hat was a flower and his head was a nut! It gave me a happy thought, that nut head!
Beccijo
http://www.etsy.com/shop/theenchantedcupboard

April 28, 2010 at 1:13 PM  
Blogger Jen from SewnNatural said...

what a fabulous idea. love your rainbow felt, and this inspired little craft. thank you!

April 28, 2010 at 2:21 PM  
Blogger Winkydinks said...

what a cute idea! Great tutorial too.

April 28, 2010 at 10:51 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

How cute! My oldest daughter would love this. I will have to try and see if I can make her one.

April 29, 2010 at 11:48 AM  
Anonymous The Magic Onions said...

Very sweet little rainbow acorn gnome... love him!!!
Donni

April 29, 2010 at 1:07 PM  
Blogger erin said...

This is adorable, I can't wait to try my own. Great tutorial!!

May 3, 2010 at 9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home